- Empty your pouch when it is one – third to half full.
- Change your pouch on a routine basis, before it leaks (Seven days is the maximum recommended life of a bag)
- Avoid creams as they reduce the sticking of the bag.
- Rinse your skin with water, and dry it completely before you apply the new pouch.
- After you apply your skin barrier, hold it against your body for 30 – 60 seconds – the pressure and warmth will help activate the adhesive.
- Use a night drainage system (or get up regularly during the night to empty your pouch)
Take care of your stoma and it will take care of you !!!
It is very important for the skin around the stoma to be.
- Free of irritation
- Look just like the skin elsewhere on your abdomen
To prevent skin irritation
- Use a skin barrier
- Pouch that fit properly
- Look carefully at your peristomal skin every time you change the bag.
- Notify us if you develop swelling, redness, or rash